Friday, June 5, 2009

Poptart Gun


This is the poptart gun Keith made on his way to school this morning. Hilarious...and a little messy in the backseat.

*******************************************************************

Backing out of the driveway this morning, I noticed neither one of the kids had on their seatbelt.

Me: "You guys need to get buckled pronto! Emily, help Keith. Keith, pull your belt over for Emily."

Keith: "Emily buckle me?"

Me: "Yes. Now pull your seatbelt over to help her."

Emily: "Yeah...I'm not a miracle worker here!"


*************************************************

On the way to a birthday party last weekend, Emily and I were sitting at a red light when a soldier crossed the street in front of us.

Emily: "Mommy, that soldier is SMOKING!"

Me: "Yep, he sure is."

Emily: "HOW is he going to defend our freedom when his lungs are black and he can't breathe to run? If someone tries to get me a cigarette, I'm going to say No! You are not my friend!"

That's my girl.

I told some friends at the birthday party what Emily had said and one of the husbands commented "The brainwashing has begun."

Well, yes...yes, it has!

4 comments:

Chorus said...

You have the coolest kids!

Mandy said...

yes, but what FLAVOR poptart??!!!

Julie said...

Chorus - Thank You!

Mandy - Frosted brown sugar cinnamon...the best flavor!

themeltonfamilyadventures said...

Emily needs to be the spokeswoman for the American Cancer Society!!! You need to start booking her for school assemblies now!